No matter the nature of your recent arrest, you have rights. Without an experienced criminal defense attorney by your side, you may not be able to protect your fundamental rights effectively. Trust the Law Office of Jennifer DeCastro Tunnard to use more than 25 years of courtroom experience to your advantage. Our lead attorney in Danbury, CT will work hard for your freedom.
Do you need legal representation in the courtroom? Reach out to our criminal defense attorney today.
Being accused of any crime can be scary. The decisions you make next are going to have a huge impact on your future. With decades of experience in criminal defense law, Jennifer knows how to give you a fighting chance in court.
Here are a few of the key steps you need to take:
1. Stay silent—anything you say to an officer can be used to incriminate you later.
2. Remain as calm and polite as possible—we know this isn’t always easy, but resisting arrest or arguing with police can only make matters worse.
3. Contact an attorney right away—every moment you spend without a criminal defense attorney by your side is hurting your chances at freedom.
4. Share as much detail as possible with your attorney—having all the facts will allow your criminal defense attorney to properly prepare for your case.
5. Write down exactly what you remember—you can’t always trust your memory weeks or months after the incident.